RE: Aviation gas/reply to address

To: lherault@acs.bu.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Aviation gas/reply to address
From: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com
Date: 19 Oct 95 09:22:18 -0500
>What is the net wisdom about using av. gas in a '73 TR-6.  Mine sure
>feels happy when I do, it runs more quietly, requires less choke time.
>It is 100 octane low lead BTW.

       When these cars were built they were speced to use 5 star 100 octane.
I have heard something about avgas burning differently due to the altitude
it operates. Not sure if it make any difference. But there is a big jump in
performance that I am sure you have noticed.
       I run 105 octane .5 grams lead per gal. fuel in my GT6. It is
availabe from a refinery in San Antonio called V-P Performance Fuels. There
are distributers all around the country. Since using 100+ octane in my car
since 1972 I have had no problems and am currently going on 140k miles.
      So why twist the distributer and depower that car running the wrong
fuel when there is still the right kind of fuel made for these performance
vehicles available? I seems kind of funny these guys look around the whole
country for a damn green hose but put cheap gas in their cars and wonder why
the performane sucks!

>Does anyone know why the reply t0 address on the list directs replys
>to the dust bin?  It sends replys to triumphs-owner rather than
<triiumphs@autox...

What address are you supposed to post to?

Good Driving,
Richard
erc004@email .mot.com