TR-4 Shift knobs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-4 Shift knobs
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 18:40:33 -0400
>Also: any TR4 owners replaced their shift knob?  Where can I
>get one? (the Vitesse uses the same knob.)  This is the plain
>black spherical knob with no markings.  I bought one from Moss
>and it's utter crap.  The threads are cast into the plastic,
>are highly brittle and they break away with no provocation
>causing the knob to just spin in your hand.  Any idea where a
>quality replacement can be found?

Yup I got one of the plain black plastic shift knobs from Victoria British.
 It looks like the original item to me.  Seems to screw on very well and is
very sturdy.  I'm surprised that Moss sold you a piece of crap.

I don't know if the threads were cast into the plastic or not, but mine works
great.

Isn't simplicity wonderful.  Just a plain black knob.  Feels great too.

Scott Tilton