Triumphfest Review

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumphfest Review
From: "RADSICKT" <radsickt@lablink.ple.af.mil>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 07:31:25 PST
Encoding: 38 Text
Greetings,

I went down to Palm Springs (in my Honda, unfortunately) on Friday, trying to
find a Triumph that I could follow to the meet.  I found none, but once I
realized that Charles Runyan of TRF would be there selling stuff, I placed a
call to the TRF customer service line and they told me the hotel.  (PS: thanks
to those who responded to my request for the Triumphfest location, but no one
answered at the phone numbers I called.)

Once I found the meet, I was quite impressed.  It was neat to have a large
vendor like TRF there -- fun to wander around and look at parts, even though
most were for cars other than the GT6.  There were only about 15-20 Triumphs in
the parking lot, but I was told that the car show would be on Saturday.

When I ruturned on Saturday, I was overwhelmed.  Beautiful cars everywhere!
Simply incredible.  I wandered around trying not to let my drool get on the
nicely zymoled paint jobs.  I thought that there was a great number of cars,
courteous event staff, nice vender support, etc.  One suggestion I had was that
perhaps there should be a seperate "entrance fee" for those of us without cars.
I was definitely willing to chip in a few bucks to help sponsor such a great
event, but the fees I saw on the flyer were only for those with cars!  I
couldn't quite justify paying $45 for a car show.

Another suggestion would be to have a designated computer page with all the
event info on it -- Paul Carson's page had a reprint of the front page of the
flyer but had no hotel or schedule info.  Believe it or not, I was not the only
person who had no clue as to what was going on with Triumphfest.  I had two
e-mail notes asking me to pass along info I got about location to others who
wanted to go but did not know where it was being held.

All in all, a great event.  Big Bear should be a great location.  Obviously you
will have some tours on the great roads around the area?

-Tim

radsickt@lablink.ple.af.mil