72 SPITFIRE MKIV FOR SALE

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72 SPITFIRE MKIV FOR SALE
From: Richard_Jackson@ftdetrck-ccmail.army.mil
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 08:48:20 EST
     My wife says that four vehicles are too many, and the home owners
     association agrees with her, only two parking spaces per house.  So
     I've got to put my little red car up for sale 8^(.  Here's the spec.s:

     1972 Triumph Spitfire MK IV

     Engine:  bored 0.040" over, balanced, new pistons, new oil pump,
     Chamber's BL-1 "Street" reground cam.

     Transmission:  Rebuilt unit ( synchro's rough on 2nd gear downshift
     though ), new clutch and pressure plate.

     Other:  Weber 40DCOE single sidedraft carb, aluminum intake manifold,
     header with Monza exhaust system, roll bar, 6-point racing seatbelts
     for driver and passenger (never raced though), good softtop, factory
     steel hardtop (missing hardware), tonneau covers (won't work with
     roolbar), Koni shocks.

     74K original miles, 4K since major mechanical rebuild, including all
     new rubber bushings.  Runs well, but needs paint and alignment, tires,
     and maybe recurve rear leaf spring.

     $4500 invested, asking $2000 but I'm flexible.
     301-540-3893  ask for Rich, or just e-mail me.
     Germantown, Maryland (Washington, D.C. area)