Re: Spitfire Twin Carburetters Manifold

To: jcatford@rsvs.ulaval.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Twin Carburetters Manifold
From: pbw@chong.dseg.ti.com (Pat Willems (@chong))
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 95 12:15:17 CDT

>Does someone know if there is a manifold to transform a single carb. Spit.
>in a dual carb. form. I know there is a MG midget wich have  two carbs.
>Will that manifold fit on a 1500 Spit?
>Thank you
>J.G.Catford
>Quebec
>Canada

Don't know about the Midget--I believe the later Midgets used the same
engine as the Spit 1500 but I don't know about the carburation on the
Midgets.  Your options are to buy a Weber kit as someone already
suggested or find a twin SU setup (HS4s? -- the 1.5" SUs) from another
Spit 1500.  In the States, the SUs are harder to find as the 1500's
sold here had the single ZS carb.  I bought the manifold and used carbs
from TSI in Pandora, Ohio and will put them on my '72 1296.  From the
Monster List:

TS Imported Auto Wrecking (aka TS Imported Automotive, aka Motorxtras)
404 Basinger Rd.
Pandora, Ohio 45877
800-543-6648
419-384-3022
419-384-3272 FAX

I would think in Canada, you would be able to find the twin SUs with
manifold.

Have fun,
Pat Willems
'72 Spit Mk IV (in pieces, still)