Re: PDWA options

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PDWA options
From: egilk@oslonett.no (Egil Kvaleberg)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 10:40:11 +0200
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
In article <9508171731.AA17507@tin>,
lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder) wrote:
> I believe the PDWA is a results of Your Government At Work(tm). While you
> push your foot against the floor as you head over the cliff, that little
> red light will let you know exactly why you're dying...

Well put. If you are capable of fixing your own PDWA, you definitely
would notice the difference in brake pedal feel withou the aid of
a lamp!

Although I haven't done so myself, I would really think that adapting
a brake fluid level warning lamp is a much better idea (as used on French
cars and Jags long before dual circuit brakes). This would warn about brake
fluid leaks, instead of being just a disaster indicator.

Egil

PS: Re. "pedal to the floor".

I know a guy who, on performing his first DIY pad change, forgot to
locate the brake pads by pumping the pedal. He obviously couldn't be
bothered by the effort required to list his foot to test the brakes
while the car was still at standstill. Needless to say, on
subsequently driving the car, he applied the brakes once, nothing
happened, and crashed into a parked car - still with the pedal to the
floor.

I have long since stopped wondering about "how stupid can
people get": They can. Hence the assumed need for a PDWA, I guess.

Needless to say, he did not drive an LBC (it was an Opel [GM]).

--
Email: egilk@oslonett.no  Voice: +47 22523641/92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway