Re: british roadsters

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: british roadsters
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 09:06:20 -0600
Joe wrote: one
>wonders why the brits couldn't  now design and build a roadster with
>electronic injection and a decent ignition system (perhaps by bosch, but
>obviously not by lucas)..
>has there been any suggestion that they might?

I haven't seen any mention that BMW/Rover would resurrect the TR badge, but
they do talk vaguely about a desire for new lower-cost roadsters beyond the
V8-MGB. Something else may have changed in the last 15 years too - did you
see that Volkswagen just signed with Lucas for a zillion dollars worth of
EFI systems, upsetting Bosch on their home turf?! Geez, you'd think VW was
having enough trouble already.

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com