Re: TR3 Front Brake Calipers - The Final Chapter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Front Brake Calipers - The Final Chapter
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 15:42:48 -0600
Re: Jack Pepper's good news:
>I am pleased to announce the successful extraction of my TR3B
>caliper pistons.  Either I am incredibly lucky or maybe I just live
>right (I doubt that ;^)).

Must be all the good karma radiated from your moral supporters. The
calipers could tell it was futile to resist. :-)

>There is an appropriate tool for this job.  It is
>manufactured by K-D Tools (Stamped on the handle was K-D 2105, U.S.
>Pat. 3,593,601).  I don't know anything about if it still available

I love the idea of not firing unguided missiles too! As an inveterate tool
junkie I had to call around immediately. Two different distributors found
an old listing for P/N 2105 but it's discontinued. Bummer. One store
suggested Cal-Van might have a similar tool, I'll probably stop over
sometime and browse a catalog.

>Given the volume of responses, I think
>its safe to assume that this is a common enough problem to justify
>summarizing the procedures successfully employed by others and
>cautions they offered.

You bet, sounds perfect for a tech article on the team.net ftp/web site.
Does that go to mjb, Roger Garnett, or who?

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com