Re: help!...TR6 Clutch WON'T DISENGAGE

To: kralmv@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu (Milo Kral), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: help!...TR6 Clutch WON'T DISENGAGE
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 12:58:21 -0700 "help!...TR6 Clutch WON'T DISENGAGE" (Jul 31, 12:46pm)
This is an annoyingly common problem; my TR4A has the same since the last time
I changed the clutch. I have solved it there by using the adjustable pushrod
and keeping it adjusted much tighter than the factory recommends. A careful
bleeding helps.

I think this is the kind of problem that the TRF "new clutch kit" is meant to
address; quality control on these parts has been slipping, and as you've
noticed, the mechanical slop makes a big difference. Check the clevis pin,
check that the hole in the pedal arm isn't worn oval. The next thing I'm likely
to try is an adjustable pushrod on the master cylinder, though things are
working at the moment.