Re: help!...TR6 Clutch WON'T DISENGAGE

To: Milo Kral <kralmv@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu>
Subject: Re: help!...TR6 Clutch WON'T DISENGAGE
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 11:10:57 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Milo,
        You're going about this the right way.  Clutch clevis wear is one of
the most overlooked wear areas of the TR clutch system, and as you
calculate, a small amount of wear at the clevis corresponds to a large
discrepancy in clutch slave travel.  I'm sure you'll suceed after this
step.  Myself, and I suspect others on the list, have fitted adjustable
length clutch and brake pushrods, eliminating the problems caused by
oblong pedal and clevis holes.  They came on MGA's, so just order the
repo parts from Moss, or for a few minutes in the shop make yourself a
set.  This also allows you to tune the "sticky points" of the clutch and
brake pedals to make heel-and-toe driving easier.

Have fun,
                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6