Re: Jumper cables & starting

To: Dave4357@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jumper cables & starting
From: Bob.Wilson@dssc.slg.eds.com (Bob Wilson)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 1995 12:51:37 -0500
<I aggree that maybe you have a bad connection and charging from the mercedes
<for a while (diesel?  UGHH!! how tacky) may help.

I had a similar problem trying to get a car jumped from a Mercedes Diesel.
My car was trying to strand me at DFW airport one September evening.  Ther
was this Mercedes Diesel owner that offered to help but it didn't seem to
provide the power to turn over my car.(not an LBC at the time)  It took
one of Detroit's finest to get my car started.  And it was using a set
of those multi-stranded, pure copper, power line thickness jumper cable
sets.  I got it from Sears right after the last guy that gave me a jump
commented on my then whimpy X-mart special cable set..... Then after the
DFW incedent I got a new battery.

That type of jumper cable set is now in each of my cars.  I figure that
if I'm putting someone out because of my dead battery, I don't want to
take up to much of their time.

Bob