Re: TR6 Fr. Suspension problems pt 2

Subject: Re: TR6 Fr. Suspension problems pt 2
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 95 14:31:28 EDT
>>Also, the driver's side of the body rides about 3/4" lower than the right
>>side. I assumed that the new springs would fix this.
>
>I'll be very interested in following the results of this. The driver's side
>of
>my '72 TR6 sags as well (there're spacers in the left-front spring), and I
>was also assuming that new springs would fix this. I'll replace the springs
>anyways over the winter, but now I'm wondering if this will really fix the
>problem.

        Sounds like this is a common TR6 problem.  Mine might be due to
the DPO hitting a curb in the RF and perhaps bending the frame, I suppose.

        I replaced the springs in my '6 for similar reasons (and the rear
driver's side had one coil broken off).  I still have a lean to the driver's
side, mostly in the rear.  (I also ended up with a funny setup with British
Parts NW "uprated" springs: front higher than the rear (much)).  I'm
considering going back to stock springs with (already installed) Spax
in the front and uprated rear shocks, and maybe upgrade the sway bars.

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com