Re: RHD '66 TR4A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, JMardy@aol.com
Subject: Re: RHD '66 TR4A
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 13:02:33 -0500
> Greetings.  I have been looking for a nice TR4A for a while now and have
> found what sounds like a pretty good '66.  It has 72 spoke wires, Surrey top
> and overdrive BUT is right hand drive.  What problems does RHD raise as far
> as parts availability, resale value, problems with the DMV, etc.?
> Any info is appreciated.
>
> John Mardesich
> Marin County, CA
>
> P.S. This is my first day on the list so please excuse me if I'm asking a
> subject that has been beaten to death.

FOR CHRISTS SAKE! If one more more person posts on the RHD issue I'll be sick!!!

Sorry John, only joking....;)

The surrey top and OD make it very desireable (72 spokes add a litle too).
A local surrey top with steel wheels no rust no OD was recently sold
for $7000 which is a tad high. To be honest i don't see the RHD
making the price much lower.....it depends on how informed the seller
is. You may be able to bullshit the guy into thinking it's a big problem.
Re: DMV probs with RHD. There shouldn't be any. Depends on the
state I guess but I've never heard of anything. There are many MANY RHD
landrovers driving around....Call the local DMV to check but you I
guarantee you'll be ok