RE: Dan's excellent TR6 prices guide

To: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Subject: RE: Dan's excellent TR6 prices guide
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 16:53:29 -0900 (PDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Fri, 14 Jul 1995, dan parslow wrote:

> Okay, heres a hopelessly unqualified opinion on what to offer
> for a TR6:
>
> Start with the figure $7500.  Make the following cumulative adjustments:
>
> If it has any structural problems, deduct $2000.
> Deduct $1000 for the first example of a very badly damaged or
> rusted-out body panel, $500 for each additional one....

[rest of "guide" deleted]

> If you're still in the positive numbers, offer that price.
>
> ...then put some ice on that black eye.

Funny, that's the same exact guide I've used over the years for Triumph
10s, Heralds, Vitesses and Spitfires, except the decimal point was
usually over one place to the left. Amazingly enough, utilising that
scale it almost always worked out that people would ultimately PAY ME to
take their cars! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

--Andy Mace

Andrew Mace
10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant