Re: TR Overheating (TR X-Post)

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: TR Overheating (TR X-Post)
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 14:19:45 -0900 (PDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 12 Jul 1995, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> Do you have a fan shroud in place? That's a typical problem. The pinging might
> just be from the raised intake air temperature - one of the "competition mods"
> that S-T published way back when (but isn't in the current reprints) was
> fitting a 3" vent hose to lead cool air from the area in front of the
>radiator,
> through the shroud, up the inner fender to point close to the carb intakes. I
> haven't done it to my 4A yet, but when I made a similar mod to my GT6+, all
>the
> pinging I ever experienced went away.

Interesting. Seems to me various "factory" photos of home market GT6s,
later Spits, etc. show tubing running from the air cleaner box up to
somewhere in the front of the car. My 1970 GT6+ never had these, nor
have other 6s I've seen over the years. Were these tubes deleted for the
U.S. market? If so, does anyone know why?

Andy Mace