How do I diagnose....

To: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: How do I diagnose....
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 08:10:10 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Nick Benson writes:

 > Friday, July 7th
 > I just jacked it up and rotated the wheel which "clicks" once every
 > revolution.

Check for a baseball card.  Old card collectors would carry their card
collection in the boot of old Spitfires.  Occasionally, a card or two
will work its way through a small crack in the wing and wedge itself
between the wing and the wheel.  The click noise is the card flicking
itself on the side of the rotating brake drum.  If you find an old
Babe Ruth card, you may be one of the lucky ones who can pay for your
car by applying the fix.

Seriously, you should pull the brake drum off and make sure everything
is ok in there.  I had a similar problem where the brake cable was
rubbing on the drum from the inside.  The noise would travel down the
brake cable, which made the problem sound as if it was coming from the
transmission!

Good luck!

-Scotty