Clunctch!! Oh F***!!!!!

To: VDPY33A@prodigy.com
Subject: Clunctch!! Oh F***!!!!!
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 21:56:39 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
While attempting to make a pass today on a four lane road I dropped my
TR6's tranny from fourth to third and at the same time droppped the
rearend.  Best as I can tell all four mounting studs pulled free from
wherever they properly live. I was moving about fifty at the time of the
crunch and while slowing to the side had plenty of time to listen to the
horrible noises and it seemed that there was a definate clunk coming from
the front of the driveshaft.
As the car is now sitting on the side of the road I am wondering exactly
how many dollars of damage may have happened this afternoon seeing as how
my understanding is that this is a trick that TR6s pull at least once in
their lives.

                                :(
                        tak