Re: Herald/Vitesse hood frame a

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Herald/Vitesse hood frame a
From: Keith.Bennett@bbc.co.uk (Keith Bennett)
Date: 06 Jul 95 09:29:18 EDT
I had the same problem myself with my Herald hood on the LHS. I assume
'reset' is a euphemism for bend but this seems virtually impossible due
to thickness of the metal. In the end I settled for a compromise between
clearance at the top of the window and gap at the back, and adjusted the
window endstop down to get a bit more clearance. It's still very tight on
that side though.

     The last hood I bought was one made by Coventry Hood & Seating, now
taken over by Tickfords. They made the origonal Triumph hoods in the 60s
& 70s and still possess the origonal jigs. Consequently the fit is very
good. These are available from John Kipping amongst others.

Cheers,

Keith Bennett.

GA225787CV, GD1417RS & CTC57462 O

E-mail Keith.Bennett@bbc.co.uk