RE: Accel coil, problems?

Subject: RE: Accel coil, problems?
From: "Riggs, R. (Kevin)" <rkriggs@hsv28.pcmail.ingr.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 95 06:57:00 CDT
Encoding: 22 TEXT
Thomas posted:

> I just installed a Accel something or another "performance" coil on my
TR6.

> Now she has collected new misfires in new engine speeds

When I went from the stock Lucas coil to a Lucas Sport coil in my TR6, I had
to remove the ballast resistor.  My old coil had been hooked up with reverse
polarity, so somone had obviously been monkeying with things, and I don't
know if the ballast resistor was stock or not.  It could be that you have a
ballast resistor and should get rid of it or that you don't have one and
need it.  I don't know what I'm talking about, and if something burns up, I
never heard of you--but I'm under the impression that it's safe to just
experiment with different combinations for 10 minutes or so at a time until
it runs right.

Kevin Riggs
'72 TR6
rkriggs@ingr.com