A TR3 question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A TR3 question
From: hal@gort.space.swri.edu
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 95 12:59:49 -0600
Cc: hal@gort.space.swri.edu
Hi All:

   I have a 1958 TR3A (TS22459).  Interestingly enough, this car has a
boot with two budget locks, one on each side of the lid, and a central
key lock.  According to the book `Original Triumph TR' by Piggott,
this configuration, which was standard on TR3's, was replaced by the
central handle when Triumph started to building 3A's.  So, the
question arises as to whether my car has the original lid or not.  It
is an early TR3A, the 445th one made according to the SN and one of my
books.  Maybe Triumph was just using up some remaining parts.  What
do you all think?  Does anyone know of another car similarly
configured?  I will appreciate any comments.

Hal Levison
Geophysical, Astrophysical,                (I)  hal@gort.space.swri.edu
      & Planetary Sciences                 (D)  swri::levison
Southwest Research Institute
1050 Walnut St, Suite 429                  (303) 546-0290
Boulder, CO  80302                    Fax: (303) 546-9687