TR3A -1961 long reply

To: <RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU>
Subject: TR3A -1961 long reply
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 09:37:03 -0600
Cc: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Rik writes:

 > $400 sounds like a real project car. As a rule of thumb, I usually tell
 > people that a TR3 in drivable (not concours) shape is about $4 - 5,000.
 > If you buy a car for $400, plan on spending $4,600 to get it presentable
 > and drivable. Personally, I tend to look at $400 TR3's as parts cars.

This is almost what I was thinking exactly.  But I also look at it
like this... I'd rather spend just a little money aquiring a good car
to start with (but has problems, not running, etc), and then spend
money on new parts, and time, getting the car the way I want it.
Starting from scratch means that I'll restore the car the way *I* want
it, and won't have to undo many PO mods, since I have to strip the
car down anyway.

 >  "Weekends don't count unless you
 >     spend them doing something
 >   completely pointless" (Calvin)

Sounds like the TR3 would be something to make your weekends count.
Good luck, and let us know what you find!

-Scotty