Re: Triumph World

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph World
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 95 8:43:01 EDT
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

> > 3)  The biggie.  This puppy costs $7.95!  For a magazine!  Sorry,
> >    but I don't thihk we need to "encourage" this sort of thing...
>
> That's B&N for you.  If you look at the UK price (I forget exactly
> what it is) you'll see that $7.95 (mine cost $7.25 oddly enough)
> is a whole lot more than 1.62 (the exchange rate last time I looked)
> times that...

Dan replied to me offline with the above comment.  I looked again
at my copy.  I goofed.  Mine was "only" $7.25 as well.  Interesting
that it had two stick on price labels.  The outside one (which
I paid) was $7.25.  The one just below that looked the same
but had $6.50!  Things started tearing apart at that point and I
couldn't see if there was an original US price on the thing.  Both
the outer stickers said "delivery by air" (or something like that).
Frankly, I'd say let them put it on a boat next time.  I'll wait...

Joe
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com