Thanks for those who joined the quest

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks for those who joined the quest
From: "VanDerLet, Ronald" <RLET@wcnd.utrecht.ATTGIS.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 May 95 09:08:00 PDT
Encoding: 58 TEXT
Last week I posted a message in which asked for help in locating the
previous owner of my GT6. I was quite astonished about the vast amount of
replies. All kind of suggestions on how to locate the (in)famous Derek R.
White (the DPO's name).  Answers varied from Timothy Colson who scanned the
Jacksonville phonebook and found a Derek L. White (Close, but not close
enough, but thanks a lot Timothy) to Chad Jester who suggested a title
search (thx for the suggestion Chad, I'll keep it in mind for the next
time). Thanks to all of you who took spent some time in the quest for Mr.
White.
Anyway I couldn't believe my eyes when I received THE message within a day:
It came from Don Marshall Jacksonville, Florida. He called the University of
Jacksonville and wrote:

>Ronald:
>
>I've got some good news and some bad news....
>
>According to Jacksonville University's alumni department, Derek R.  White
>graduated in 1991.
>
>The address (good news) they have for him is:
>
>P.O.  Box 33670
>Lusaka,  Zambia,  Africa (bad news)
>
>They don't have a phone number or any other information.
>
>Good luck...

Thanks very much Don!! How about that internet joining worlds or what!!!

Apparently Mr. White lives in Zambia now which would explain why he sold the
car (it arrived in Holland in 1991). Anyway, I'll drop him a note informing
him that his Triumph has been adopted by a Dutchie, but is going to be
allright, although it has to spent another few years on intensive care.

I also received a lot of responses on my question on the whereabouts of an
italian car list. Thx a lot everyone for the responses. I subscribed, but it
doesn't seem as interesting (yet) as this list.

Well, that's all, keep up the good work!

Ronald van der Let
Culemborg, The Netherlands
Ronald.vanderLet@utrecht.att.com

"Wouldn't such a trip take hours, dear? It's such an old car" as my mother
in law said about a 130 mile trip with my Lancia. I took her for
a spin and she's still recovering......

'78  Mercedes Benz 280CE ------ Daily workhorse with a drinking problem.
'67  Triumph GT6 ------ Undergoing nut and bolt restoration .You need to
travel at least 6 miles to see all the parts.
'70  Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3S Rallye ------ Lots of fun, but would you
believe those Lancia parts prices.