Re: spin-on TR6 oil filter

To: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spin-on TR6 oil filter
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 May 1995 19:32:22 -0400
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
I'd recommend avoiding the Fram and other common U.S. filters on LBCs as a
general rule. Unless you get their special "heavy duty" or "racing"
application, they are typically made as cheaply as possible. Original spec
English filters, or, believe it or not , some Japanese built replacement
filters will typically weigh 2-3 times more, and the difference is in how
much filtering material is in the filter, and whether or not the orignial
anti-backflow valves and the like are actually there.
Dissect a filter or two and you'll see what I mean.