TR6 Rear End ?'s

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Rear End ?'s
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 10:33:55 -0400
Mike:

>Listen for solid thunks on throttle transitions, especially down hill.

This is what's really puzzling. I hear no thinks at all when driving,
and I've put a couple of hundred miles on the car so far.

>3. Hub bearings.  Jack up each side, grab the tire top and bottom -
>wiggle. If you feel something move, that's bad.

How bad is bad? <nervous grin> This is exactly what things felt like,
just as if the lugnuts weren't well tightened.

>5. Rotting frame mounts. Very serious and dangerous.

As far as I can tell the frame is incredibly solid. Just surface rust.

I'll also double-check the other items you mentioned the next time I
get it up on jacks.

I know this will be tough, but any idea how safe the car is to drive?
FWIW, I just had the car looked over mechanically and they didn't find
any major problems. They may also have missed this one...  :(

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com
          '83 R80RT