Soft top cover sources

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Soft top cover sources
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 13:23:29 -0700 (MST)
I'm looking for a new soft top for my Vitesse.  The one it came
with is custom; good quality but not the correct design and a
fairly unappealing off-white color.

Has anyone found a good source of canvas, double duck or mohair
tops for Triumphs, in colors other than black?  I've looked at
Kipping, the TSSC, Rimmer Brothers and assorted other companies
but they only seem to offer colors in vinyl.  Forget authenticity
on this point, I hate vinyl hoods.

A place here in town is selling a pale blue Austin Healey BJ8*
with dark blue top and it looks _devastating_.  If I can find a
dark blue top for my Wedgwood blue Vitesse I'll be a happy man.

Replies appreciated, especially from UK subscribers and Herald-range
owners.

Dan Parslow
djp@alpha.sunquest.com

*The asking price for the big Healey is $26,000 and probably worth
every penny.  Let me know if you want more info and I'll find out.