TR6 - blue & black smoke

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - blue & black smoke
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 15:10:46 -0400
>How do you know it is burning oil on startup?  Blue smoke from the
>exhaust?

Yup. But it seems that it only happens after I've had the front end up
on jackstands. I don't believe I've seen any blue smoke the last few
times I've started it.

>The heavy carbon bits may be an extremely rich mixture from
>maladjusted carbs, too much choke, or many other things....

That's kind of what I thought, so I was planning on tuning the carbs in
the near future. It's also possible that the carbon built up when the
car was just being started, idled for a few minutes, then shut down.
Seems like, now that it's being driven (and I suspect it sat in a
garage for about a year) the carbon isn't as prevalent.

>For what it's worth, these problems sound very familiar...

Odd as it may sound, I'm still having fun! <g>

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com
          '83 R80RT