Adjusting valves

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Adjusting valves
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 02:32:54 -0400
I just adjusted the valves on my TR-4 today.  In a Haynes manual there was a
very nice little list that went SOMETHING like the following:

When valve # ___ is fully open(IE springs compressed)     Adjust clearance of
valve#
       8                                            1
       6                                            3
       4                                            5
       7                                            2
       1                                            8
       3                                            6
       5                                            4
       2                                            7

It worked pretty good.  They were spaced in such a way as to only require the
minimum two complete revolutions of the crank to adjust all the valves.

Isn't there some equivalent for the TR-6?

Course my rebuilt cylinder head seems to have a good deal of valve clatter
after this little operation, so maybe I don't know what in the heck I'm
doing.

Scott Tilton
In Richmond VA
Trying to clean up the messes I've made.