Herald stories

To: p.j.willson@qmw.ac.uk
Subject: Herald stories
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 10:36:25 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Hello Phil, and everyone else

        Well after your recent request for Herald stories I thought I'd tell
you one about my 13/60 Estate.

        I was given the car in 1992 by the Marquis of Rockingham, the car had
covered a mere 7634 miles since new and had a full service history.  Body wise
it was immaculate except for a few scuffs in the back where upon one of her
visits to his estate, the Queen used the car to transport her Corgi's around
the estate to the Kennels.  The next interesting part of the cars history
involves Princess Anne pregnancy when she gave birth to Baby Zoe.  I'm not
saying that Zoe was conceived in the car but apparently the Princess was
attending a Dinner Party at the Marquis estate when she went into labour, and
the only vehicle big enough to transport her to hospital was the herald as she
couldn't manage to get high enough to get into any of the Range Rovers at the
estate.
  Upon aquiring the vehicle, I had to carry out a few minor jobs before driving
could commence.  These included changing the rear spring,  upon removing the
rear floor panels I was taken by surprise to find a golden Orb and Sceptre just
like the one's on display in the tower of London.  Anyway, I obviously couldn't
return the jewels, so instead I melted them down and now have a Herald with
solid gold trim,headlight bezels,door handles and windscreen surrounds, I also
had enough left to make a nice paper weight.
  A further little job that I had to do to the car included re-undersealing the
chassis, upon removal of the old underseal imagine my surprise at finding the
entire chassis being made of stainless steel(304 grade).  A factory prototype
to deal with the harsh english weather I am led to believe.
  Well thats basically the history of 'my' Herald, sort off, well you did say
true stories or whatever :-) :-)

Rich 'with the Royal Herald' Jackson