Hubs and studs. . .

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hubs and studs. . .
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 11:11:33 -0400
Hello all,

I may be a bit late with this, but better late than never.

Pulling the entire hub and half shaft out really isn't that hard as was
previously mentioned.  If the TR-3 is an early one, it might have only 4
bolts holding the hub to the axle housing, so then it is even easier.

I currently have two hubs and half shafts leaning against the wall of my
garage.  They each have a stripped out lug on them.  When I say stripped out,
I mean the previous owner tightened the lug so damn much that he twisted the
stud right out too.

I've gotten replacement studs for these, but they can't just screw in (the
threads in the hub are stripped) and even so, it doesn't look like the stud
is long enough for anything to stick out the back to be peened.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

Scott Tilton
In Richmond Virginia
Needing to get away from this list and actually work on the car a little.