Re: "exotic"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "exotic"
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Tue, 2 May 95 17:45:23 CDT
>  --berry wrote:
>
>P.S. The most amazing one was this fellow who laboriously restored a rusting
>'73 Camaro.  My question was "why?" but I suppose in the UK they're exotic.

Anything unavailable seems to have allure: American cars are a status
symbol for cultists in Europe and Japan. I once put in a two-way radio
system for a  trucking company near here. They told me they spent all
summer with the whole fleet trucking Wisconsin potatoes to Idaho. Since
they didn't want to deadhead back, they'd bring Idaho potatoes back to
Wisconsin. I swear I am not making this up.

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com