Re: let's talk leprosy...

To: cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com ("Chris Kantarjiev")
Subject: Re: let's talk leprosy...
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Mon, 1 May 95 17:17:11 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

> I certainly salute the people who present the incredibly clean cars at VTR
> concours. I can't begin to imagine the effort that it takes to get them that
> clean in the first place, and then keep them that way.

So do I, but I agree with you that the real fun is in driving our LBC's.

> I know that VTR's purpose for existence is to keep alive the flickering flame,
> if you will, of how these cars were when they were new. That's a good thing.
> But it still grates to see examples of "our" cars that get rolled off the
> trailer, driven onto the field, judged, and rolled back onto the trailer,
> waiting for the next show. That just seems wrong. (At least we - VTR- actively
> discourage the type of person who doesn't want to put fluids into the car
> because they might spill, leak, or leave some other spoor.)

I feel that the VTR really exists to keep the breeds alive not necessarilly
to restore them.  Not all of the cars that score well have to be rolled off
the trailer.  In fact many of the concours are judging in seperate classes
for daily driver ( or giving extra points for daily driven vehiclesl).  I
Know the definition of "daily driven" is unclear, but my 1966 TR4A scored in
the high 80's at the VTR in Boulder and it has never been restored.
And she is driven most of the time except when she needs a rare part that
I can't afford or can't find.

--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley