Lumention Electronic Ignition kit for a TR4A?

To: Darrell Walker <walker@epcot.rose.hp.com>
Subject: Lumention Electronic Ignition kit for a TR4A?
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 15:45:13 -0600
Darrell Walker writes:

 > After reading the article in the latest "Vintage Triumph" I am
 > again thinking about installing an electronic ignition in my
 > '66 TR4A.  Does anyone know of a source for the kit in the US?

There's only one kit that I know of for the TR.  That's a Crane
electronic kit, which can be had from most any supplier.  I got mine
from TRF, but any big supplier would have them.  They ran $99 about 2
years ago, I have not idea what the run now.  I like mine, but I've
got other problems... :-)

This system used to be made by Alison, but was bought out by Crane.
It's has an optical pickup, and was very easy to install.

Good luck!

-Scott Paisley