Supercharged TR6, TR colours.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Supercharged TR6, TR colours.
From: searle@indigo.ucdavis.edu (Philip A. Searle)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 20:44:17 -0800
Regarding the possible turbocharged TR6:

One of the British classic car magazines ran an article on a TR6
restoration a few years back. The restoration include the fitting of a
supercharger, (fabricated from a compressor from some aircraft if my memory
serves me right!) From the photos the standard of workmanship was
excellent.

I could try to find the article if anyone's interested.

Yep, there sure are a lot of shiney signal red TRs out there now! Almost
all of the restored TR6s featured in magazines have been repainted signal
red. Doesn't anyone like that 'Triumph Purple' anymore?. My TR4 proudly
wears its original black paint, complete with scratches and dents.

regards

Phil Searle
'63 TR4 & '76 Spitfire
WWW: http://www-chem.ucdavis.edu/~searle