Re: TR250 Comm. # & Color Code

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 Comm. # & Color Code
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 10:24:30 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

If you really want to know the original colour (like the British spelling?),
you can get the build information from the British Heritage Trust (or
whatever it is called) for $40 US and the COMM number.

As for colours, I don't have my book in front of me but: all of the colour
are grouped: 2's are shades of red, e.g. 82 is Carmine etc. Perhaps the
5's are shades of green. Thus, 25 is a "2nd" shade of green available for
that year car.

So, if you want to be really sure, send for the build info from England.
Otherwise, pick a color that you like and paint the whole thing that color.
If your car is a repaint, it is very possible to squirt the whole car the
same color. It's just a matter of the time required to paint it up! The
real test for color on the car is to try to sand it down a little at a time
and see what shows up.

BTW, I've seen several cars whose color code was "Damsen" (a shade of Purple)
whose finish color was anything but purple.

good luck!
rml

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     | E-Mail: lang@isis.mit.edu