Re: Help identifying Spitfire year model

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help identifying Spitfire year model
From: scypher@perform.vt.edu (Scott R. Cypher)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 1995 16:28:42 -0400
Black bumprs,no chrome, 1980
Slanted radiator, not vertical, 1980
VIN #, not a Commission number, 1980(Year US mandated all cars have a VIN
number conforming to a set standard)
(Mine is TFZDW29T000616.  Yours might be be an 801/2 or 81?)

1975 on have black "boobies" on the chrome bumpers, 1980 had a blackrubber
sheath on theentire bumper.

1980 was a year for significant change for SPITs, I've got one.  My
distributor was changed out to,  to non-lucas...I follow the same kind of
timing setting as laid out below...

It faily common to find non-original engines, use the parts catalogs to
track your year engine, that might be what was changed out....

>> Nope, it's all post '75 brit cars pretty much.
>Actually, it's approximatly '79.5-on for Spitfires.
>
>> > The VIN is
>> > TFLDW2AT006518. _However_, here is the problem

Scott R.Cypher                                   Project Manager
Center for Organzational Performance Improvement
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg,VA, 24061
SCypher@perform.vt.edu                      (703)231-2773
]]]]]]]]]]] Take My Advice, I'm Not Using It [[[[[[[[[[[[[[