Re: Wally Swift

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wally Swift
From: "Will Seay" <wseay@ntelos.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:48:20 -0400
It was clear that Chrysler had a problem with the Ford engine in the car.
Their advertising
referred to "an American V8".  Chrysler put a 5 Year, 50K warranty on the
Alpine but wouldn't
do the same for the Tiger which was far more reliable.  To their credit,
though, I understand that Chrysler was interested in keeping the Tiger
alive, but with a Chrysler power plant.  The Chrysler small block of the
time (the 318?) was too large to fit into the Tiger without extensive rework
and consequently the Tiger was allowed to die.  That's the way I heard it.
Never discussed this with "Uncle Wally" though.

******
> He does acknowledge the problem with Chrysler using Ford engines,  but
> seems
> to say that the safety regs. were the main reason.  Any thoughts  on this?
> Mark L.

-Will Seay B382001570