Re: storage

To: "Peter Laurinaitis" <laurin212@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: storage
From: "Dan Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:13:28 -0700
Peter,

I'm a retired MSTR Plumber and have put lots of miles on my company
vehicles. My mechanic, who died many years ago, would drain all the oil from
my vehicles during an oil change then replace the filter with a cheap $1.00
oil filter. Refilled the engine with AW hydraulic fluid that I also used in
my heavy equipment. Would let the engine fast idle for about 15 minutes and
change out all the fluid and the filter and do it all over again about three
times. On the first two times the fluid would drain out looking black as
coal. By the third time the fluid would drain out as clean as it went in.
After doing this three times he would then replace the cheap oil filter with
a good filter and refil the engine with regular oil. I think he used Shell
oil. My engines would outlast everything else on the vehicle.

Dan Eiland