RE: Tach Question

To: "Olson, Mark W" <mark.w.olson@intel.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tach Question
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:11:04 -0800
Mark,

Thanks for responding with a more detailed explanation of how the
electronics work. I had not considered it possible to misadjust dual points
so badly as to cause two pulses per firing cycle. This must cause the engine
to run very badly though. Regarding placement of the calibration pot, you
are right, it isn't under the lamp hole, it's right next to it - and by
sticking your pinky finger in the hole it is really quite easy to adjust in
place. I've done so on several occasions.

Bob Palmer
rpalmer@ucsd.edu
rpalmerbob@adelphia.net