Alpine for sale

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Alpine for sale
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:36:19 -0600
Hi, guys:

First of all, I would like to express my condolences to the Olsen family
for the loss of Ole.  I never met the man but I sure enjoyed reading his
posts.  He was evidently well respected among his peers in the San Diego
area and will be sorely missed.

Secondly, I need to once again announce the offering of my Series V for
sale.  I put it up for sale late last year and had two propective buyers.
Unfortunately, neither came through; one purchased another car and I never
heard back from the other.  Consequently, here I am again offering my car
to someone who could give it a new home.

Due to the length of my last post, I will try to keep this one short and to
the point.  The car is a '67 Alpine Series V, color code 86 Rootes BRG,
with wire wheels and a factory hardtop and non-overdrive transmission.  It
is currently all apart and ready for sanding, priming and painting.  The
bodywork has been completed and all rust has been eliminated by replacing
it with new metal.  The engine has been completely rebuilt from sump to
rocker cover.  I have receipts for everything and would be more than happy
to provide an interested party with copies for them to see what went into
the motor.  I have a new wiring harness from British Wiring, Inc.; the old
one was just too cut up to mess with.  The interior does need to be totally
redone but, luckily all the panels and pieces are available.  I have put an
asking price on the car of $2500.00 but that is totally negotiable.  I
realise that projects such as this scare most people off but every part
that was removed from the car was bagged and labeled where possible, the
rest were boxed and labeled.  As far as I'm concerned, the tough work has
been done, except for the paint.  After that, it is just reassemble the
car, cleaning and restoring each part as you go.

As I stated above, the asking price is completely negotiable as I do need
to let go of the car.  I have other more pressing responsibilities that are
going to require more time and money than I will have if I try to finish
building the car.  I also have a tandem axle covered trailer that has had
minimum usage since new.  It comes with all the trailer goodies (tie downs,
spare tire, equalizer hitch, electric brakes, etc).  The price on this in
$1500.00.  You couldn't come close to building one like it for that.  I'll
make someone a heck of a deal on both if they are interested.  Please
e-mail me if you want further information on either the car, the trailer or
both.  I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,
Andy Walker
'67 Tiger Mk1A & '67 Alpine Series V