Re: Defroster Vents??

To: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>,
Subject: Re: Defroster Vents??
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:34:32 -0700
Stu, Keith,

I got something similar meant for an engine  heat riser at Pep Boys. It's
about 1&5/8" in diameter, very dark gray in color, takes a semi-permanent
bend, and slips on the outside of the output vents and inside the outlet
vents on the dash. The material is corrugated and seems to have some
metallic content together with some other high temperature organic. You can
probably find it at any general purpose autoparts store.

Bob

At 07:37 PM 8/11/99 -0400, Stu Brennan wrote:
>Here's a thought for replacing the tubes.  Instead of using the paper
>ones like original, I used a couple of those aluminum flex tubes meant
>for use under the hood as hot air ducts, etc.  Most auto parts stores
>have a wide selection.  I found some that were just the right diameter,
>and joined them to the heater box and the diffusers with smaller
>internal tubes made from paper towel center tubes.  Just glue them in,
>nothing shows, and there are no ugly clamps. After I got them bent to
>shape, I painted mine flat black, and they look just like original.
>Clean them well, as mine felt a bit oily.
>
>Stu

Robert L. Palmer
UCSD, Dept. of AMES
619-822-1037 (o)