FW: "" POSSIBLE TIGER CLONE WARNING ""

To: "'nicholsj@oakwood.org'" <nicholsj@oakwood.org>
Subject: FW: "" POSSIBLE TIGER CLONE WARNING ""
From: "JAN SVEN-ERIK HARDE, LUTCF" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:45:51 -0600

----------
From:  JAN SVEN-ERIK HARDE, LUTCF[FAX:+1 (818) 3475791]
Sent:  Friday, October 24, 1997 1:17 PM
To:  'nicholsj@oakwood.org'
Cc:  'tigers@autoex.team.net'
Subject:  RE: "" POSSIBLE TIGER CLONE WARNING ""

----------
From:  JAN SVEN-ERIK HARDE, LUTCF[FAX:+1 (818) 3475791]
Sent:  Friday, October 24, 1997 1:08 PM
To:  'nicholsj@oakwood.org'
Cc:  'tigers@autoex.team.net'

----------
From:  nicholsj@oakwood.org[SMTP:nicholsj@oakwood.org]
Sent:  Friday, October 24, 1997 12:46 PM
To:  tigers@autox.team.net; harde@cyberesc.net

Jeff,

You are so right, I sure appreciate this medium of communication, we can =
get these things out in the open.
I believe that the value of these cars has to and will start going up =
very soon..
Now I know this has been said for years, but "" THE TIME HAS COMMETH "" =
I believe..
If you get a chance, log on to the HEMMINGS motor news page, they have a =
section talking about collectibles up and coming, or as they call them =
SLEEPERS.. And of course the TIGER is mentioned as such.
We have to protect those newcomers out there, so they don't get stuck =
with " ONE OF THOSE ", and permanently get a bad taste in their mouth =
from the experience.
It is however a very unpleasant feeling, when you meet with someone, and =
they are lying to your face about authenticity, and the representations =
are not what they seem to be.
Norm personally helped me out when I purchased my first car, as well as =
my second, in the hunt for a car, I brought my cell phone and called =
Norm several times.
I ran across 3 cars that where all represented as the " REAL " thing, =
and they where not, Norm helped me with what to look for, and I am by no =
stretch of the imagination an expert, but I know enough, I guess to be =
DANGEROUS..

I end by wishing you all a SUPER weekend, and for those of you in =
Southern Ca.
There is a car show this Sunday, in Moorpark and there are at least 5 or =
6 Tigers going, that I have heard..

Have Fun and stay well..

See Ya'                    Jan....................................

    =20
     I see two good things going on here:
    =20
     1) Jan had the knowledge beforehand of what to look for when=20
     inspecting this car.  His knowledge raised doubts in his mind about =

     the authenticity of the car.=20
    =20
     2) Jan verified his suspicion by checking a readily available =
source,=20
     in this case Norm's book.  As I said before, knowledge is power,=20
     keeping things secret about what to look for when buying a Tiger or =

     any collector car helps no one in the long run.
    =20
    =20
     Jeff  =20