Re: post engine swap update

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: post engine swap update
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:11:03 GMT j8BECV7V030691
Thanx, David...

Now....go back to the second system as described in your most recent post
wherein
crankcase gases are removed and normally
routed to the (later) carb emissions port(s)
via the infamous plastic "Y" fitting and note......

(this is the later "PCV valve" considering it's
placement within the carb. with respect to the butterfly(s).....bearing in mind
that it is.....in and by itself....a "graduated orifice")

....no mention is made of the line from the charcoal cannister TO the engine to
supply crankcase incoming air through the
"graduated orifice" on the valve cover, the
"later" plastic oil filler cap being of the
non-vented/filtered type.

And it is here, that "motive flow" (filtered
incoming crankcase air) is supplied
to the fuel "tank/system" via the charcoal
cannister.....which contains fuel vapors from
the carbs AND.....from the fuel system/tank?

Now you can see where I am going with this, of course??

For what is the purpose
of the charcoal filtering media within the
cannister?? And isn't there a large hose
attached to the bottom of that charcoal
cannister, for I seem to remember one as
I pulled this needless/useless crap off my PO'd '74 together with that heavy,
performance-robbing air pump!

Other than this large lower line, everything
else came off of or went into, the top of the
cannister as I recall.

And what EXACTLY, is the expansion tank
in the right inner fender well for in a fuel
RETURN line? There are no vapors getting
by the "vented" charcoal cannister going
BACK to the tank, right??

I can see the reason for an expansion tank
going the other way, however.... a fuel tank sitting out in the hot sun?? Of
course,
once the fuel pump is activated, vacuum builds in the tank and whatever
accumulated in the exp. tank is sucked back
into the tank? Or, as the motor is started and "motive flow" is applied to the
charcoal
cannister for crankcase inlet air,
whatever is in the expansion tank could go the "other way" towards the charcoal
cannister?

ANSWERS!!!!! I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog