Re: Under the bonnet heat; I have to much

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Under the bonnet heat; I have to much
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 15:41:55 EDT
I'm quoting from a book rather than talkin from first hand experience.  The
book is:  How to PowerTune MGB 4-cylinder engines by Peter Burgess.  Seems I
misquoted because he talks about exhaust wrap causing the problem rather than
the coating and the engine was a racer rather than a road car.  He does say
though that the cast iron manifold warped as a result of keeping the heat in
the manifold.  I guess then that warpage was due to: racing conditions, wrap
(being more efficient than a coating) B not A -series.

Obviously your experience is that the manifold doesn't warp which would be
due ultimately to less heat being created in the manifold that his experience
but potentially you might experience the same problem.

Apologies if my post was misleading - it was meant to strike a cautionary
note.

RS