Re: bleedin' brake failure part II

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bleedin' brake failure part II
From: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 09:51:30 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>Have you tried slowly unscrewing the bleeder to see if there is a point
>where the suction begins working?

Yes, eventually it gets good air from around the threads.  I've tried
removing the bleeders and putting teflon tape on the threads.  That fixes
that problem, but the symptoms are still the same.  (Mityvac isn't so mity
and pedal does the job)

> Do you have the cap removed or mostly
>loosened from the master cylinder?

removed

>If all else fails, I think I would resort to the "old fashioned" way ...

That's where I am now (or next, anyway...)

>I'm just wondering if
>you may have some blockage from "silt" in the line.

That's been brought up, and I'm starting to believe it.  Perhaps the pedal
generates more pressure.

> I'm wondering too if
>all your pistons are functional. Do you wheels lock up tight if you have
>the lines closed and the brake is applied?

Yes, using the broomstick trick, I have managed to get each wheel to stop
the wheel.

I have conscripted my son to help and he has just become available.