Re: anti-tramp bars and panhard rod

To: emakris@hol.gr, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: anti-tramp bars and panhard rod
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 07:49:28 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Evangelos,

I have them on my car....but I have always had them so I can't tell you
what difference they make.

I can tell you that with radius links and a panhard rod the rear end is
really well connected to the car and you can feel it working over bumps,
unlike some cars with springs as the locating device that feel rubbery
and imprecise.  More like an IRS car.  I don't have a problem with tires
rubbing even with 205-60-r13s and small flares.

SPEAKING OF FLARES.  My entire set of Winners circle full on racing
flares are for sale.  Retail at $175 each.  Best offer over $300 +
shipping  that is $100 off each fender!

Both of mine are winners cricle products.  You may want to ask about the
fuel tank.  My 73 has a different year tank and the sender is wrong for
the gauge.  I think this may be due to clearance for the panhard rod.
Since I didn't put it together I don;t know.
Ric Bergstrom,  Richmond,  VA  73-74 Midget

Central Virginia British Car Classics  WWW.CENTRALVAMG.COM
RICHMOND BRITISH CAR DAYS ---September 18th and 19th, 1999
Send me your snail mail and I'll get you on the mailing list.