[Spits] GAZ Front Shock Installation

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] GAZ Front Shock Installation
From: "Daniel Parrott" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 18:50:39 -0400
In my rebuild of my Spit Six, I plan to upgrade the shocks all around to GAZ
from Rimmer Brothers.  I'm ready to install the front shocks, and I have a
question to the listers.

The front shocks have a bottom plate (that's barely wide enough to hold the
front spring) and a remove able plate (crown shaped with a slot on one side)
that is set above the bumper stop.  I'm thinking that this upper plate is
not required for a Triumph Spitfire/GT-6.  Any thoughts?  Any experiences?

Dan Parrott

Savannah, Ga

1980 Triumph Spitfire "PJ"

1972/1978 Spit Six Project car "Joseph"