Re: [Spits] Spitfire 1500 differential

To: "'Roger Elliott'" <elliottr@rmi.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Spitfire 1500 differential
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 12:04:29 -0700
It is pretty common for the bolt to be rusted in one or both bushing sleeves
inside the back mounting ears of the diff.  If this is the case, You might
have to resort to cutting through the bolt using a saws-all at the edges of
both the ears.  That will free the diff and allow you to get it out of the
car.

Then you will have to drive out the bushings and replace them and the bolt.
Be sure to use ample amounts of anti-seize compound when reassembling it.

Joe