[Spits] Brake light switch adjustment?

To: Spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] Brake light switch adjustment?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 05:13:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

On the Spit, the brake light switch is mounted on the pedal bracket, and a
little metal tab welded to the brake pedal arm is supposed to push in the
switch plunger when the brake pedal is not depressed.

But on my car, ever since I bought it 19 years ago, that little tab doesn't
quite reach the switch, and somebody had to put a hose clamp around the brake
pedal arm, over the tab, so the switch would actually get pushed in.

I have had the M/C off a couple of times over the years, and nothing seems
bent, incorrect, or otherwise out of whack.  The height of the brake pedal
matches the clutch pedal.  Has anyone sever seen this issue before?  There does
not seem to be anything that can be adjusted.  The original (plastic) switch
fell apart a few weeks ago, and I was hoping that the replacement would have a
longer plunger that would allow me to remove the hose clamp, but the new switch
wa the same as the old.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit