[Spits] rear axles & u joints

Subject: [Spits] rear axles & u joints
From: Henry Stike <stiker2126@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 06:28:03 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for all the replies.......

We had the car up on blocks,both sides, with the wheels & drums pulled.....

then ran the car in gear.... to see this movement... the actual backing plates
(whole assembly) are moving because
of this out of round condition.

I had also seen the wheel not rolling right while first walking next to it, and
thought the wheel rim was bent.

yes, first thought was did Henry get the 4 bolt ends together right and the
circle ring on them all aligned right... must be yes cause there is no space
between the plates....

Our next thought is possibly the new U-joints from Vicky Brit do not have the
right thickness of circlips....

maybe enough to cause this out of round condition....

but it looks like it will all have to come apart again....

will definitely roll the axles on a straight I beam to make sure they aren't
bent.....

Then the next thing will be the U Joints.....

that's a great tip of tapping with the hammer each direction then seeing if
have slop in the joint...

Will let ya know what we find out........